- 1 What is Digital Yuan?
- 2 Digital Yuan is different from Bitcoin
- 3 Business Bites: Will China change its currency policy
- 4 Digital Yuan actually started trial
- 5 China cryptocurrency may trigger globalization of yuan
- 6 Digital Yuan can transfer money between camps and doesn’t need internet.
- 7 Is digital yuan safe?
- 8 Differences between Digital Yuan and Libra
- 9 Will Thailand have its own cryptocurrency
- 10 How do people like us be prepared? When cryptocurrencies arrive,
- 11 Article by
The trend of “Digital Yuan” is hot, after the news that China actually started using digital money in 4 cities. Many people say that soon “Cashless society” will arrive completely. Then how will Thailand adapt? Including ordinary people like us, what benefits or benefits will be Let’s understand together in this article.
What is Digital Yuan?
– Digital Yuan is not a new currency, but the original “Yuan” that has been transformed from paper money (bank notes) into digital format, meaning that instead of the central bank of China to print bank notes into use Then changed to write a program to produce money in digital form
– In fact, the official currency of China is called “Renminbi” (Renminbi) and the word “Yuan” (Yuan) is a unit of money. If compared to Thailand Our currency is “baht” and units have both “baht” and “satang”.
– But because of the word “Renminbi” is difficult to pronounce, so people generally don’t call each other and are more familiar with the word “Yuan”. Therefore, the official Chinese digital currency name is E-Renminbi or e-RMB. that “Digital Yuan” is also more
Digital Yuan is different from Bitcoin
– Digital Yuan issued by the People’s Bank of China (PBoC) is equal to the 1-to-1 paper currency, or means If the central bank of China will produce 1 million digital yuan Must have equivalent paper yuan to support the central bank, 1 million yuan equally
– Digital Yuan is therefore stable, unlike other digital currencies that we have heard before. Whether Bitcoin or Ethereum because those digital currencies are not tied to any currency at all But the value of money depends on demand and supply Therefore has a very high fluctuation
For example, at the end of 2017, 1 Bitcoin was worth 17,000 US Dollars, but at the beginning of 2019, 1 Bitcoin was reduced to 3,500 US Dollars and currently 1 Bitcoin is approximately 9,000 US dollars. Can be said that the value is a roller coaster.
– The fluctuation of various digital currencies, up and down, making many people see the digital currency as “Investment in luck” rather than spending in real life
Business Bites: Will China change its currency policy
Digital Yuan actually started trial
– China has developed Digital Yuan since 2014, and now there is news that actually started trials in 4 cities, namely Shenzhen, Suzhou, Chengdu and Xiong. ‘ an)
In which the first 3 cities have a combined population of over 38 million people and are known as a modern city with technology The city of Song An is not far from the capital, Beijing (Beijing). Now China is awakening to make Song An as a new economic zone.
– In the trial of the renminbi Chinese authorities have sought cooperation from popular stores, not just local stores. But including world-famous brands Starbucks, McDonald’s and Subway also participated in the experiment.
– Do not be surprised that Why do these American brands join Digital Yuan with Chinese authorities? Because although the US government Will do trade war with China But US private companies See China as an important market that must seize market share And sales of these famous brands in China are also growing in contrast with sales elsewhere.
– When stores in 4 cities are ready to receive payment for goods and services using Digital Yuan. Chinese authorities have begun to release the yuan digital to the market. By paying salaries to the local government officials in half the paper yuan And the other half is digital yuan. So this group of government officials try to use the digital yuan to spend on a daily basis
China cryptocurrency may trigger globalization of yuan
Digital Yuan can transfer money between camps and doesn’t need internet.
– Digital Yuan can transfer across e-Wallet at different companies. Different from the current electronic wallet that requires anyone to camp it.
For example I currently have an AliPay account. If shopping at a store that only accepts True Money, I will not be able to make payments. Or I may have to transfer money to a friend’s bank account with True Money Then have friends pay for it instead But if it is a digital Yuan system that is currently being used I can transfer money from AliPay to the store’s True Money. Much more convenient
– Digital yuan is designed to transfer money without the need to connect to the Internet at any time. Nfc (Near Field Communication) is already available on new mobile phones. The money transfer method is simple, just take two phones.
Is digital yuan safe?
But as i said at the beginning, the cryptocurrency yuan was produced by the Chinese central bank, so the Chinese central bank can check where the cryptocurrency is transferred from. I mean, when we get paid, The central bank knows, or when we pay this out, The central bank knows more, too. If the Chinese government wants to know the history of using money, it can be called up.
– Government scrutiny, if viewed, is good. I think it can help solve tax evasion and money laundering.
– The current digital currency is unlikely to be a competitor of digital yuan. Because those cryptocurrencies are highly volatile. It is not suitable to spend on a daily basis. Therefore, the major digital currency rival, libra of Facebook, is already developing and has released version 2.0.
What’s more, the number of Facebook users worldwide is currently about 2.4 billion accounts, more than the total Chinese population of about 1.4 billion.
Differences between Digital Yuan and Libra
But The Libra Association was set out by Facebook and its allies.
The 2.0 libra also tells you that he’s going to be a platform. If the Bank of Thailand wants to issue cryptocurrencies, it is not a waste of time developing the system. Just enter the Libra Thai platform, you can have libraTHB currency available, with 1 LibraTHB valued at 1 Baht.
Will Thailand have its own cryptocurrency
– Don’t think our country is lagging behind. I haven’t thought about cryptocurrencies because the Bank of Thailand has been struggling to develop cryptocurrencies since 2018, naming the project “Inthanon.”
– At present, the Inthanon project is currently in trial, paying between the national bank and eight other commercial banks, yet it is not yet clear how to bring cryptocurrencies to the public. Don’t worry, our home bank will keep up with cryptocurrencies.
How do people like us be prepared? When cryptocurrencies arrive,
– My personal opinion is that Thailand can’t escape the flow of paper money to cryptocurrencies. Sooner or later, we’ll definitely start using digital money because the cost of producing cryptocurrencies is cheaper than printing bonds. The government is already trying to turn us into a cashless society.
– In terms of adaptation If you’re already familiar with the use of electronic wallets or internet banking, It’s not going to be much adaptable because the use of money is no different, and it’s more convenient because cryptocurrencies can be transferred across platforms. Do not open multiple electronic wallets.
– But a group that needs to be adapted would be a medium and medium-sized business group that might still be accounted for two books: a real-money account with a tax filing account. I believe the government will be able to review data and history of financial transactions more easily than ever before, and that it can impose a lot more tax on the country.